This post may contain affiliate links. For more details, see my disclosure page.
This easy crochet sweater pattern for beginners will help you feel confident in your crochet abilities. This crochet cardigan works up in easy rectangles, with minimal shaping in the sleeves. Even better? It’s sized for adult XS all the way to 3XL!
How to Crochet a Cardigan for Beginners
If you want to learn how to crochet a sweater, this easy crochet cardigan pattern will be your guide. You’ll quickly learn that if you’ve mastered a few basic crochet skills, you absolutely CAN crochet a cardigan even as a beginner!
This cardigan is made by working 3 rectangular panels to form the back and front pieces, and then adding sleeves worked in the round. You’ll also find instructions for a gauge swatch that will double as a pocket square!
Why you’ll LOVE this crochet cardigan:
- The gauge swatch doubles as a pocket- no wasted time or yarn!
- Front and back panels are made in simple rectangles with no shaping.
- Sleeves are worked in rounds- so less seaming!
- Minimal increases means you can stitch and relax.
- Single crochet ribbing works up really quickly.
- Fully sized for XS(S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL)
- Precise yarn requirements for each size.
- NO tricky stitching- just single crochet ribbing, double crochets, chains, and easy cluster stitches
What people are saying about this sweater:
Love the sweater! Had to wear it to work!
My [sweater] is fresh out of the dryer. I am so happy with this cardigan. Thank you for such an easy to follow and beautiful pattern.
Love my 1st ever sweater. IT IS SO WARM. THANK YOU for boosting my confidence.
Love this pattern! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.